Guest, Eva Gaevskaya: essential oils, benefit our and our children’s well-being
The podcast guest on this episode is Evgenia Gaevskaya (Eva), who’s passionate about essential oils, and the benefits they bring to our and our children’s well-being. I’ve personally used oils to create a nice smell and a good mood in the house, or perhaps to ward off insects in the summer. However Eva’s interest and knowledge go MUCH deeper and she talks about the language of plants and how oils can affect us physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Eva describes the matriarchs in her family as herbalists. She grew up in a tradition where there wasn’t a tendency to use medicine. But knowledge of garden herbs to heal. She also says “Wellness is a way of being so we don’t need to be cured.”
Eva talks about the importance of ensuring the quality of oils – especially when using them with and around children. She has products that have been specially diluted for children to use. Eva recommends the Do Terra children’s starter-kit which consists of 10 basic oils which have been diluted in fractionated coconut oil (safe for children to use, no smell from the coconut). Links to her website are at the end.
She describes 3 way to use essential oils:
- Topically – when you apply it (diluted in a carrier oil) to the skin
- Internally – but to be used with caution.
- The oils need to be pure
- Essential oils are strong. One drop of something like peppermint oil can be the equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea.
We talk about children having an attuned sense of smell and “remembrance” that many adults have lost. She ran a workshop where children came along unexpectedly – and they knew without being told that Lavender would help sleep and Wild Orange got the response of “oh the girls at school are going to love this”. So very often children intuitively know which oils will benefit them – so you can give them the choice and the right products to use safely, topically.
Of course, it’s not just about supporting our children, as adults, we too can use oils to enhance our well-being. We can use natural essential oils [rather than manufactured chemical fragrances] to create an atmosphere in our homes – that smells “phenomenally divinely”.
Eva also describes creating a daily ritual of applying essential oils topically. Creating rituals with oil so that they become part of our everyday life. This is more than just a self-care routine – but using to use the oils in a very positive way to create a sense of mood enhancement, and enable flourishing.
More information· You can find more about Evgenia and the All in on Oils Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/allinonoils
· Or her website: www.mydoterra.com/donumessentialia
· This Parent Podcast is brought to you by Suzanne Hazelton – author of Great Days at Work, and creator of GenieBubble Making WORLD CLASS educational resources available to every child, to help them find their own interests and flourish. www.geniebubble.org
· And be sure to join the GenieBubble community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/geniebubblegroup
· We appreciate you sharing this information! C’mon – don’t be shy!